Model A1237 or A1304 / 1.6, 1.8, 1.86, or 2.13 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Hinge broke now my display is messed up

So one hinge broke I was careful but the other hinge broke and it really messed up my display. There are lines and weird colors. I have to have it a certain way or it to hard to see. I know you'll probably say toss it but I'm a broke college student, is there anyway I can repair it enough to keep it running?

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Possibly - depends on how much damage was done and to which parts.

Best case you only messed up the data display cable - you could replace that and the hinges (clutches), or, worse case the LCD display was also damaged and you need the entire top case including the display.

You might find a reasonably priced working top case with display from a unit whose logic board or bottom case has been damaged or destroyed.

As a work around you could use an external display (of course that wouldn't be a portable solution - but you could still use it).

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

lorraine skondin will be eternally grateful.