Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

New battery won't boot

Installed a new battery 616-0435 it booted up fine til the lock screen the battery died so I put it on charge and is showing the charging symbol but has been like this an hour and won't turn on.. Any ideas

sometimes it's just a battery that has sat on the shelf for a long time (these phones are years old, so the battery probably is old stock) get out your multimeter and measure the voltage coming from pins 1&4 (I think from memory) if it is less than 2.2 then you can't get it to charge. I use a 9v rectangular battery and connect 2 wires up to the battery and then the pins to give it a "boost" for about 30secs then it should charge.

failing that I'd send it back..

con will be eternally grateful.