Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max.

My iPhone switched itself off and doesn't start up again

Hi there,

my iPhone switched itself off and now I can't get it to power up again. Do you have any sugestions what the cause may be and how to repair it?

Cheers

Christian

does it react in any way when you try plug it to a computer/power supply ?

nope, it didn't react in any way - dead as a door nail. However the support people of the place I bought the phone from suggested to connect it to iTunes and than to simultaneously press the menu key and the on/off button. They said that iTunes will eventually recognise the phone in repair mode and so will the phone itself. Well I followed those instructions and it worked. The phone is back up and running and without any loss of data

Christian will be eternally grateful.