The Samsung Galaxy S II is a smartphone designed, developed, and marketed by Samsung Electronics with Android 2.3 "Gingerbread."

Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S II charge?

Whenever I try to charge my phone, it won't take a charge. What should I do?

i did the one from jens persson, but it wont work! its not flashing and i just bought the blackberry10!

mine wont charge it wont turn on and its not blinking guys what do I do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a big problems in my phone how I'll solve ...tell me please !

And People never take me seriouse when i say samsungs are useless they just selling us these phones to make money.. i have a galaxy tab 4 after one month it started charging slow and it always blinking than after it dies again so i m selling it now. and i bouth an ipad.

I have a Galaxy 2 phone and it wont turn on or anything. How do i get it back on.?

I have had the same (or similar) problem with two different extended batteries:

The batteries seemed to not take a charge. When plugged into the charger, the phone would run, and a flash would appear in the battery icon—but the charge percentage didn't rise above 0%. If I changed to another battery, it would work normally.

Well today I found the solution (here)

Solution:

• Turn the phone off.
  • Remove the battery.
  • Wait 10 seconds.
  • Plug in the charger.
  • Insert the battery.
  • Turn on the phone.

I now have two working batteries :-) I think that the circuit in the battery that protects it from overcharging and undercharging needs a reset.

Jens Persson said ...

"Solution:

-Turn the phone off

-Remove the battery

-Wait 10 seconds

-Plug in the charger

-Insert the battery

-Turn on the phone (in my case, just held down the power key for a few seconds then it showed charging, finally!)"

Thanks Jens Persson, that solutions worked perfectly...I had already tried everything else to no avail but that method worked!

Hey jens persson, I tried your method and it worked!!! Thanx

jens persson thank you it works !!!

Just wanna say I was ready to go get a new phone as my s2 wasn't holding a charge at all. I tried the solution that Jens Persons put up and it is now charging no problem.

Thanks for that!!!!!

Answer given by the jane Person is working for me..

Thank you very much brother :) :) :)

You need to replace the usb/charger port board they are about 10 bucks and not to hard to replace. From what I can see the board either gets wet or broken from the inserting and removing of the usb/charger.

Tried this on a Galaxy Y , I had given up on and thrown in a drawer . Hey presto it works ... T

In my case the phone ended up in the washing machine and replacing the board (and the battery which did not survive either) fixed my phone! Only the home button does not work anymore.

Thanks Jen it worked !

You need to check your USB/charging port, if you find it lose then it is defiantly took apart or dry soldered from motherboard. In this case you may need to re-solder it or might have to take it to some hardware shop.

I'm having a problem with my s3 charging on several different chargers I was told it was probably the motherboard and would cost $100 to fix,

I took a chance, bought a separate charger and battery, charged the new battery, my phone powered up when I put the battery in. After playing with this dilemma I figured this out. if I leave the phone on while charging, it charges - If I power it off it will not charge, in fact it drained the battery completely dead. By the way my old battery charges up fine. So I'll just leave it on while charging

How much was the battery

Tip: Don't charge ya phone too much. All phones batteries got batteries cells, so it got limited time of charging too.

Mine completely works the opposite, if its on, it drains battery because of updating, wifi and the screen display. If it's off, it's still slow and takes 6 hours to fully charge! So either way, it's a bad situation for me and I still haven't found the fix. Bought a $20CAD battery and tried 3 different cords/charger. All didn't work. It went from 52%-59% within 30 minutes or more.

I solved the issue by replacing the uUSB board.

Regards,

Andrea

I used this now phone is charging with laptop not from charger... any idea what happened ???

Where can I purchase the charge port. Ifixit doesn't have them

@gwoodward78: Google for "i9100 usb dock connector". I bought mine on amazon. Worked flawlessly.

not working for me :(

I had same problem.I bought even a new battery.But I couldnt solve the problem.Then I realized that phone was getting hot near the sd card and in settings in battery part there was an app named media (android standart app) line consumes battery.

SOLUTION: If you have moved or install programs like theme (IU) or sync automatically to SD Card , move them back to phone memory storage.

i have the same prob on my samsung tablet what u have to do is turn wifi off and turn airplane mode on then turn your device totaly off

Thanks the wifi suggestions worked

Narendra bhutoria India

wow i think this might be working, my phone wont charge, only when off. then today it wont charge at all. it stayed at 12% all last night and even today as long as its plugged in. i just did that turn to airplane then off idea and now i have a flashing battery icon running. cross my fingers that in a couple of hours this is charged. do you have to continuously do it this way?. and do you know why this works?. i would of never thought of that, i completely ignore airplane mode. much appreciated.

You are a genius!! Thank you so much, my beloved tablet (used mainly as my kindle) is now happily charging and I am a happy reader once again :-)

I have the same problem, I believe that its some sort of defect HOWEVER….If you shut your phone off…and then plug it up to the charger, as long as the phone is on off, it will charge! : )

I had the exact Problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3 and kept doing that but until 1 day when he didn't go on anymore ,so was broken ,my advice is to buy a new samsung galaxy s3 charger and repair your s3 soon in order not to spend too much on the repairs

It worked! Maybe it will stop working completely in the future though. In the meantime I hope I have time to move my many pictures .

My phone wasn't charging either. I tried the suggestions above, but none worked.

Then I noticed my phone battery was a bit loose, had a tiny gap, and was not connecting well with my phone.

So I pressed the battery terminals down to make sure it had a good contact with phone terminals and the phone suddenly turned on and started to charge.

Then I took a piece of paper, made it thick enough, to insert it in the gap to make sure the battery stayed tight, put the back cover back on and that's it it charged and worked just as before.

Thank you Leo Pal, I just fixed my Samsung doing exactly what you said.

it worked \(-^_^-)/

Thanks For your help , this fixed my phone.

I have a Samsung GS2 T989 and had the same issue. It came to a point thatit would simply beep and disconnect itsef.... tried different solutions:

1) initially, I gave up on using the charger and purchased new batteries. Got a set of two plus wall charger (http://www.amazon.com/Hercules-T-Mobile-...). LOVED THEM!!! With two batteries, I had no need to use the usb charging

2) still tried to use the "half dead" samsung battery- simply charging it on the Anker charger instead of using usb port

3) worked for a while, but then started having issues in synching the phone to PC - USB was really gong south... so I reset phone. After restoring to factory settings, the USB port is now working 100%

good luck guys

It's an issue of samsung devices when battery is "too empty". The Problem is now that the samsung charger only starts to charge if it get's a response from the device if not it won't release any current for charging. The solution is that you need a charger which doesn't uses this technique, for me an old apple charger works. Most of the old chargers with currents below 1 A should work. When the display then shows the battery bar you can change to your normel charger faster charging.

Someone is hacking these phones and turning off the charging circuit....maybe someone from the manufacturer..black hat $@$*....now sales will go up..... Charging circuit is part of control from software from android...(google). Just $@$* hackers &&^&^$^ with you maybe...because you were open and an easy target...or..anyone can hire someone to do it to your phone. Hire a hacker and crash your enemies phone

i think you need a little break dude

Just replace that part its only a 5min job then again my first time doing it took me a while id do it for you for free as long as you bought the part........ I got mine for £4.79 on ebay and came with the tools you need. But remember rev2.3 not rev2.2....... I can show pictures of wat ur looking for

http://atesle.blogspot.com.tr/2015/07/i-...

in here..

I found out the problem with mine. I went to a repair store and they told me that nothing was wrong with the USB port or the battery. They said the problem was with an IC that affects the way the phone charges. It got burnt out. They said I'd have to replace the affected board. It seems that it's time for new smartphones guys.

just use a tooth brush and scrub the usb import

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhCks3QA...

Check this video! You have to remove a capacitor - just break it off with something. Just be careful to remove the right one - watch video closely. It worked for me and I was really desperate. I like this phone :)

Best of luck!

Hello guys.

I had the same problem as everyone else with my samsung galaxy S2 and i got my dad to fit a new port. It seemed to work a dream for a while. But now, 3 charger ports later, and my phone has decided not to charge again! I do not think there is a permanent solution, just that the phone is an old one and you will need to update sometime or another.

I have a SAMSUNG Xcover 2. the %#*@ thing just won't charge. It flickers on the screen as if about to start charging with the icon of the battery and then off it goes.

I tried the steps up but not successful yet

My galaxy s2 won't charge I truer another battery and charger but still won't charge I truer a new port and it worked.

*Tried another

What i am going to tell you might be a little bit crazy, but it works for me, and I hope it works for u too, cuz i understand the struggle of having a non-charging phone! So, the solution is that you let your phone somewhere safe( with or without any battery percentage) , forget about it for like 2 - 3 days, plug in the charger and see if it works.

If not, probably you might want to remove the SIM card and the SD card as well, probably the battery too, and store them somewhere safe, leave the phone for 2-3 days as mentioned. Hope it works for you!

You can always use a battery charger(battery sized charger where you actually plug the battery and it charges). Had a problem with an Ace plus and decided it was a crappy phone. Didn't have much problems after. Not too fancy but works. (Be careful with your nails though)

Those solutions were all good good job guy!!!

My phone is not charging it turned of and when i bought a new battery it turned on and now its not charging too i tried to turn it off and remove the battery and pulg it on the charge then put the battery and turn it on and it still not charging so please if you could help me and tell me what I have to do and thankyou.

Got the same problem even after installing new battery (Internal Battery). I tried everything as per suggestion but still it doesn't charge. I installed Ampere app, in that it shows while charging mA drops from 780 to 20 wtf!!...so guys please I need solution thank you.

Enrique will be eternally grateful.