Kenmore Elite HE3 Washing Machine

The Kenmore Elite HE3 is a washing machine by Kenmore.

Washer wont' turn on?

My washer won't turn on at all. I've checked the plug, and the circuit board. I've turned the circuit off and on, unplugged and plugged the machine and now the lights don't even come on. I push the power button and it just beeps twice.

Help please

Was this problem ever found?

by vaneruth

Donna Giles, first try to unplug your washer and leave it unplugged for 15minutes or so, then try again. If that does not work, you may have to get a bit deeper into your washer. It is possible that the beeping originates from a failed motor control. To test that, disconnect the MI3 connector from the main control board, you access that by removing the washers top panel. If the beep stops and it programs when you press start you know you need the motor control. Download the service manual from here. Hope this helps, good luck.

Thank you Old turkey. My washer is stacked and the dryer is on top. When you say top panel, does that mean I need to take the dryer off the top or is the "top" the front where the displays are? Thanks!

by Donna Giles

Donna Giles, which washer is it? It is a Kenmore HE3? If you are using the stacking kit, then you may need to remove it. Take a look at the back and see if you can access to panel anyhow

by oldturkey03

Kenmore Elite HE3t

by Donna Giles

Looks like you'll have to remove the dryer:(

by oldturkey03

My washer is not turning on .water from my drain fell on washer and now it doesn't turn on but I can hear it turn on but no light and when I touch it it feels like it want to shock me

by arica de la pena

Donna Giles will be eternally grateful.