0

Donna Giles
1

Washer wont' turn on?

My washer won't turn on at all. I've checked the plug, and the circuit board. I've turned the circuit off and on, unplugged and plugged the machine and now the lights don't even come on. I push the power button and it just beeps twice.

Help please

Edited by: mayer ( )

1

Donna Giles, first try to unplug your washer and leave it unplugged for 15minutes or so, then try again. If that does not work, you may have to get a bit deeper into your washer. It is possible that the beeping originates from a failed motor control. To test that, disconnect the MI3 connector from the main control board, you access that by removing the washers top panel. If the beep stops and it programs when you press start you know you need the motor control. Download the service manual from here. Hope this helps, good luck.

Thank you Old turkey. My washer is stacked and the dryer is on top. When you say top panel, does that mean I need to take the dryer off the top or is the "top" the front where the displays are? Thanks!

Donna Giles,

Donna Giles, which washer is it? It is a Kenmore HE3? If you are using the stacking kit, then you may need to remove it. Take a look at the back and see if you can access to panel anyhow

Kenmore Elite HE3t

Donna Giles,

Looks like you'll have to remove the dryer:(

0

vaneruth
1

Was this problem ever found?