Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Get a Wifi signal, but no Cellular Signal

I got an iPhone 4S 32GB off of eBay with a cracked back and advertised as working perfectly. Well it seems that returning it is now impossible, as the seller shipped it with another issue that it wont connect to AT&T or T-Mobile (Its unlocked). Since I fixed the phone after this issue was found I can't return it, since I "tampered" with the device by replacing the cracked back glass with a new one (not really tampering if you ask me, but eBay must know everything! being sarcastic) but back to the point as far as I know the blue coil is there (could it just be bad?). Any help is appreciated. (sorry if this is a repost, couldn't find anything like this but close)

EDIT: Sorry forgot to add but bluetooth and wifi work, just no carrier reception.

cellular antenna and wifi antenna are different ones. Your cellular antenna can absolutely be broken independently. But before all, ensure yourself that the antenna is plugged when you remove the rear case of your iPhone (the guy on this guide unplugs it on setp 11 here : iPhone 4S Cellular Antenna Replacement )

Then, if it is plugged in, you may try replacing it by gollowing the link below.

Hoping to have helped you,

Give us some feedback !

Vincent

iPhone 4S Cellular Antenna

iPhone 4S Cellular Antenna Image

Zack Hable will be eternally grateful.