Skip to main content

Model A1046 or A1095 / 1280x854 screen resolution

118 Questions View all
Question Closed

adapter tip has broken off in my computer

Adapter tip is inside my computer and I can't get it out. It is a aluminum 15 inch

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
1 Comment

which specific one do you have? Titanium or Aluminum?


Add a comment

2 Answers

Most Helpful Answer

The part it's in is called the DC IN port. Once this is removed the center bracket on the back of the unit can sometimes be pulled slightly out and the tip removed. If this cannot be done, it's a fairly simple procedure to replace it. We do need to know exactly which machine you have to direct you to the correct part and instructions for replacing it.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2
Add a comment

Was it a tight fit, or was it somewhat loose? You might be able to use a powerful magnet to pull it out. Of course, make sure you keep the magnet away from where the harddrive is located. I imagine it is in the center somewhere, but it's hard to tell since we don't know your exact specs.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 17

All Time: 1,064