How to replace the LCD lid Back Cover?

What steps need to be followed to replace the Unibody A1342 LCD lid Back Cover? There are a series of cracks on the lid cover near the hinges and in the middle of the cover. I have a new lid and I assume I will need to follow the LCD panel replacement guide. But there is the camera, etc. What else is in there?

Just follow the steps to replace the display assembly and the display cable , then re-assemble into the new lid instead of the old lid! :-)

MacBook Unibody Model A1342 Display Replacement

MacBook Unibody Model A1342 Display Data/Camera Cable Replacement

MacBook Unibody Model A1342 Display Image

Guide

Difficulty: Difficult15 - 45 minutes

Hi Henry !

The best thing you could do here would be following one of these two Teardowns, which show you how to disassemblate your whole MacBook.

Hoping to have helped you !

Don't forget to give us some feedback :)

Vincent

MacBook Unibody Model A1342 Mid 2010 Teardown

MacBook Unibody Model A1342 Teardown

Thanks, Vincent. I had actually already viewed these two excellent tear-downs only to find that they do not tear into the LCD display lid; and so I posted the question about what else is contained in the old lid that will need to be moved to the replacement that I bought. The LCD replacement guide is pretty close to the mark, but it looks as if the antennae and the camera remain untouched.

The cracks in the lid hinge is a very commonly reported problem, so I feel certain that some daring soul in this community has replaced the back cover on a white unibody. I would be honored to benefit from that experience.

Thanks in advance for replying.

I think I may have found the path to success! There is a Guide here called "Rear LCD Bezel removal." It looks to me as if that series has all the parts I could anticipate needing to move to the new LCD back cover. I will report back after I receive the replacement part to be sure that the frame is indeed included in the back cover.

Henry Gardiner will be eternally grateful.