In 2012, Sony Entertainment announced that the company would be releasing a new version of its 2006 Playstation 3 console. The new console is call the Playstation 3 Super Slim and is identified by the model number, CECH-4000. The PlayStation 3 Super Slim (CECH400x) is the third version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released October 25, 2012.

Why won't my PS3 Super Slim turn on?

My PS3 Super Slim won't turn on. I press the power bottom at the console red light and makes the beep like normal then in a second the green light turn off and after that the ps3 won't do anything ...please help

Same with me!

Did you find a fix?

If so, holler at me, PLEASE!

Deshthiere@gmail.com

Iv tried to do everything ppl has sead don't know what to do if anyone can help let me know at whiteboy1986.co@gmail.com

Hey my PS3 doesn't start up it has a blinking red light,when I turn it on.it shows the green for two second then orange and then back to the blinking red light.please help

Infamous Ylod

Hey my PS3 does the exact same start up procedure. It has a blinking red light, when I turn it on. It shows the green for two seconds then orange and then back to the blinking red light...

If anyone can assist me in fixing this issue, please shout out to me.

WollePedersen@Gmail.com.

Most Helpful Answer

You cant access the recovery menu if the ps3 wont even turn on...

you can keep the hardrive make a clone

80% chance to fix your problem 20% chance it wont and you will need a new HD

first of all, if you are currently under warranty then stop fixing and start sending!!!

first get an external hard drive if you value any of your data!!! because the following will/can cause loss of game data/pics /music/vids. I recommend backing up your hard drive if at all possible through alternate source.

Turn off the PS3. Locate the PS3’s power button at the front of the unit. Touch and hold the power button until the power light becomes red.

Reset the PS3. Touch and hold the power button. The unit will power on and you will hear a beep. Continue to hold the power button and you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset. Keep holding the power button down until you hear a third beep. The console will power off afterwards.

Activate the "Safe Mode" feature. Touch and hold the power button. Again, the unit will power on and you will hear a beep. Continue to hold the power button and again, you will hear a second beep for the video reset. Continue to hold the power button until you hear a quick double beep. Release the power button.

Using "Safe Mode." If you are successful in activating "Safe Mode," you will see the following message on screen: “Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button.” Follow the instructions on screen in order to enter "Safe Mode."

1. Restart System:

Ends safe mode and starts up the system normally.

2. Restore Default Settings=

Performs operations for [Restore Default Settings] on the PS3 Home Menu, and also deletes PlayStation®Network account information from the system.

• [User] information is deleted temporarily and then restored. An asterisk (*) is appended in front of the restored User name.

If you sign in to PlayStation®Network after performing [Restore Default Settings], purchased games can be played without any additional operations.

Note that for downloaded (purchased) games, if you turn off the system before you sign in, the following error message will be displayed when the game is started, even if you turn on the system again and sign in:

To access this content, you must activate the system.

Go to [PlayStation®Network] > [Account Management] to activate this system. (80029514)

To access the content, go to [Account Management] to activate the system.

(Even if [This system is activated] is displayed, deactivate it and then activate it again.)

3. Restore File System=Attempts to repair all areas on the hard disk drive where files can be saved. Corrupted data may be erased if it cannot be recovered. (I recommend this 1st)

4. Rebuild Database=Deletes messages, playlists, changes made on [Information] screens, trimming information for pictures in [Photo], video thumbnails, video playback history and video resume information. (I recommend this 2nd)

• This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.

5. Restore PS3 System=This corresponds to [Restore PS3 System] operation on the PS3 Home Menu (quick format). I recommend this as a last resort, this will make your ps3ss brand new per say, like it came out of the box, but I strongly recommend trying 3 and 4 first!!

6. System Update=Updates the PS3 system software (can only be done from storage media).

if you cant get into the safe mode, then might as well buy a new one because you will need another hdd!

Hope this helps, it has helped me fix several ps3's with similar problems.

you are my hero

the system is not even turning on how the !&&* am i supposed to do that.... and i have a ps3 super slim if you haven't notice the name of this post

I'm going to try replacing the power supply. $35 on Amazon. If that doesn't fix it - I'm done with it. Out of warranty repair isn't worth it. Plenty of youtubes on how to disassemble and install a PSU.

it not the ppwer supply it the motherboard in the ps3

Try this. Turn off the system. Unplug it. Plug it back in. Attempt to turn on and watch the lights closely. If the red light turns green for a split second and then flashes a yellow light for a split second, and then blinks red, you have the Yellow Light of Death (YLOD). Just follow the instructions found on here for the YLOD repair.

You need to replace your ps3's power supply unit

Either the motherboard is bad or you need a new powersupply

best way to test maybe a ac tester

If you have recently dropped it and/or spilled anything on it that may be causing the problem.

My mother recently smashed mine on the post of my bed, she also broke TWO GRAND THEFT AUTO 5'S and a controller.

lionel messi is the greatest soccer player ever

Unplug the system for 30 MINUTES up to an HOUR... It should work after that...

Did not work.

hiya im jay ps3 super slim light up for seconds then s witched off but red light was on. on maybe the 9th attempt i thought i heard a click or spark ,

now theres no redlight ,,,,power leads been tested and fine...

q: posible theory and advicr please,,

1 is it the powersuppy

2 could it be the board (logig /mother/

3 could i eliminate the possiblities to identify the prob

its for a 13 year old boy has no background help / family

i just want to try tohelp before im forced to give him ps3 thats mine but my 3 of my kids do use jaimegully@live,co,uk any advice would be gratefully appreciated

I Want everybody stop wasting money!

I Fixed my PS3 by unplugging then replugging right after unplugging then waiting at least 5 minutes, after that you can turn on your PS3 system, you'll notice it's really silent , but after 15 minutes it'll sound normal, you turn it off you'll have the same problem again but you can fix it by keeping it on and playing then about 15 minutes mine was better and had the normal sound

If this didn't waste your money GIVE ME MONEY!

I can't keep my ps3 on for 15 min it turns back off long before that.

LOL brush I have same problem too bad Amazon is out of ps4's

No power at all won't come on

What happens when ps3 won't turn on j mean like u push the button with the red light and it won't work any help??

For super slim

I need help...when i turn on my ps3.....it shows ps3 title and then only waves moving menu won't come up....and sometimes i turn it goes full black and my controller didn't connect

When it turns off at startup there is no light at the power button but when i push it then the red light comes up?Please help

I have the super slim with a 500GB HDD and I had the issue where the light was red and when pressed, it turned green for under a second then went off completely, as if it had been unplugged.

The short term resolution was to plug it back in (so the light was red) and then unplug it for about half an hour (maybe less I didn't really test) and then when you plug it back in it should just switch on, but you would have to do this each time you'd like to use it

Long term would be to have the red light active and then leave unplugged for half an hour then plug back in and boot into safe mode and select 'restore file system'. It told me it had to format the PS3 but I saw now visible changes when it loaded back on (I think it formatted the 12GB of storage that my PS3 came with) and then it would switch on and off as it used to.

My ps3 slim wont turn on, it doesn't have any sort of light or anything, if you know how to fix it please tell me.

easy fix! grab that console and head out side! concrete GOOD! smash it on concrete a few times! 7 or 8 and 9 for good luck! jump on it 3x make sure its dead. and go buy a new one or second hand

Ricardo Ortiz will be eternally grateful.