Unveiled at the 2000 North American International Auto Show on January 10, 2000, the redesigned 2001 Dodge Caravan and 2001 Chrysler Town & Country were released for sale in August 2000.

Power door locks have failed on 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan sxt?

where is the fuse for the power door locks and how is it identified in the fuse diagram?

This is a known issue for the 05's and it is caused by a flaw in the BCM software. Chrysler released some updated software so have the BCM re-programmed at your dealer to correct this issue.

how much will that cost ! 7000$ the reprogram or is free ( i dont pay for updates for my pc lol now if they made a car that need updates every blue moon why should i pay for that what a stupid money grabber

Most Helpful Answer

Ted Jellison, disconnect the battery cable (keep it off for about an hour) and pull the IOD (BCM) fuse to reset the system. See if this will fix the door locks, at least for some time. The IOD fuse is on the left side of the fuse box under the hood, it is a 15 AMP fuse.

Hope this helps, good luck.

I have used this method several times with very good results. However, I have never disconnected the battery; just pulling the fuse for a few moments worked just fine.

Thank you so much for this information. I called Chrysler for the authorization for this re-programming. They had no information about this and did not re-authorize either for a dealer to do this to my dodge van.

thank you so much for this I have a 2005 dodge caravan se and it worked

It worked the 1st time, did it again yesterday and didn't work. Will try again and disconnect the battery too. May not have left it out long enough.

I doubt this is a software issue. I wired progressive power locks into my Ford Festiva using three relays, driver's unlock, all unlock, all lock for a Viper remote. In order to make the manual switch work, I had to insert a diode into the circuit to prevent the current from going the wrong way. I have not had to pull the IOD fuse in my Caravan as long as I only used the remote. I am betting that a failed diode is the culprit.

The question is, where is it located? I want to replace it to prove it.

Ted Jellison will be eternally grateful.