Unveiled at the 2000 North American International Auto Show on January 10, 2000, the redesigned 2001 Dodge Caravan and 2001 Chrysler Town & Country were released for sale in August 2000.

Power door locks have failed on 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan sxt?

where is the fuse for the power door locks and how is it identified in the fuse diagram?

This is a known issue for the 05's and it is caused by a flaw in the BCM software. Chrysler released some updated software so have the BCM re-programmed at your dealer to correct this issue.

how much will that cost ! 7000$ the reprogram or is free ( i dont pay for updates for my pc lol now if they made a car that need updates every blue moon why should i pay for that what a stupid money grabber

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Ted Jellison, disconnect the battery cable (keep it off for about an hour) and pull the IOD (BCM) fuse to reset the system. See if this will fix the door locks, at least for some time. The IOD fuse is on the left side of the fuse box under the hood, it is a 15 AMP fuse.

Hope this helps, good luck.

I have used this method several times with very good results. However, I have never disconnected the battery; just pulling the fuse for a few moments worked just fine.

Thank you so much for this information. I called Chrysler for the authorization for this re-programming. They had no information about this and did not re-authorize either for a dealer to do this to my dodge van.

thank you so much for this I have a 2005 dodge caravan se and it worked

I strongly suggest to disconnect the battery before removing any fuses or relays. My husband didn't disconnect the battery before taking out a relay and he fried my whole computer in the van. Would have costed 2700$ to fix. So I just bought another van.

Not sure how your hubby did it but if you take out the fuse while the engine is off lol you aint going to fry anything and also if you do fry anything you would be foolish to pay for a new board lol scrap yards and 30$ voila problem solve lol amatures lol ;)

Ted Jellison will be eternally grateful.