Can I still get parts for this iMac?

it's my first mac that i every bought and i would really like it to be working again when you turn it on it chimes the screen comes on but the screen stays white nothing shows up on the screen i took it to an apple store to check it out but they say they can't get parts for it they also say it could be the hard drive but i dont want to get rid of it so are there parts for it still ?

Apple only makes parts for 5 years for these computers. After 5 years, they no longer support the hardware. You're going to have to look for known good used parts to fix this up.

Most Helpful Answer

It wouldn't be the hard drive, it would still start up if the hard drive was bad (You would see a blue screen with a folder in the center) but it might be the display, or just a dislodged cable, try buying a $10 mini-VGA to VGA adaptor, and conneting it to a monitor before replacing any parts.

Jesse S will be eternally grateful.