0

koji
21

Can iPod classic 6th read 160Gb Hard disk?

I searched about iPod classic 6th 80GB upgrade.

could I then put the 160gb hard drive in my 6th generation? Would it only read 128gb max?

can't my iPod read 160GB?

Edited by: koji ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

1

koji, I've changed one of mine to a 160GB Hard Drive MK1634GAL and did not have any issues with it.

Thanks very much!! oldturkey03. mk1626gcb or HS161JQ are little bit cheaper than MK1634GAL. What do you think are these compatible with my iPod classic 6th? and Should it have apple logo on the Hard drive? Thanks.

koji,

The Apple logo is really not necessary. the most common iPod HDD are Toshiba and Hitachi build for Apple. So, as long as you stick with the size limit, and the proper interface, you should be ok to go.

By only taking a quick look at the datsheets it does appear as if the drives all have the same interface. Just remember that the hard drive cable will have to be manufactured for the drive as well. Toshiba drive may not take a Hitachi cable etc.

You mean i have to care only about hard drive and hard drive cable are same company? I don't have to care about apple logo? Thanks.

koji,

that is correct:-) and to make sure that your hard drive has the right interface :-)