Epson Printer NX510 Error message: "A printer error has occurred..."

I got this error message when I turned my printer on: "A printer error has occured. Turn off the printer, then press On button to turn On. See your documentation".

I did take a look and they say to verify there is no paper jam, which is the case here and then to call the Epson support centre, what I did.

The answer I got from the guy I spoke to is to send it to an authorized repair centre as there is nothing he could do over the phone. It seems it is a mechanical problem, but I wondered how much the repair will cost (probably more than what I paid for the printer...), so the technician offered me a big $30 discount to buy a new printer on their website...

Did someone get the same problem and fixed it? If yes could you please tell me what you did?

Many thanks in advance

this is gone case printer please do no buy it. i could not use it as new one.its laying with me. even cant resale it.

unplug printer from power and cartridge housing just a bit .than turn off the printer than reinsert it again and Hold "Stop / Clear Settings"

While holding "Stop / Clear Settings" Press the power button to turn the printer on. for more visit http://goo.gl/cSJMbS . hope this will help

Thank you Bobby, problem solved.

Also when I moved the cartridge housing there was a bit of paper stuck underneath from an earlier paper jam.

Cheers Steve.

Thanks from me too, it works for the NX515. I also noticed that the cartridge housing was not all the way to the right, just a click off. As mentioned earlier Epson support advised to send it back to be fixed instead of telling me what Bobby already knows

Big thanks from me also! Worked perfectly!

Most Helpful Answer

Unfortunately, the above error locks you out of any of the all-in-one features, even ones that don’t involve the actual printer. However, this little trick appears to have given new life to the Workforce.

Open printer such that the cartridge housing is accessible (flip the scanner housing up).

Turn printer off.

While printer is off, gently slide cartridge housing to the left about halfway.

Turn printer on.

After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on startup), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself.

Eventually, the housing will snap back to the left which will stop tripping the error message, and free you to use the scanner, copy, fax, etc.

This may even allow you to keep using the actual printer, although I haven’t tested!

This took me a few tries, but eventually fiddling around with the cartridge housing while it was over on the right edge of the printer freed it enough for it to become “functional” again. No clue how long it will last, but prevents me from having a useless paperweight sitting on my home office shelf!

On my printer nothing moves it just turns on and shows the error This occurred directly after I removed the print head to unclog 2 colors after a multitude of print head cleanings. reinstalled the print head, then I got a scanner error with a paper jam. nothing in the scanner area .

restarted it and it told me to access the scanner paper feed sections and clear them out there was nothing there. I restarted it and it was doing a normal start but said it couldn't recognize the red cart, reseated it back into the tray. restarted then all carts could not be recognized! reinstalled them it gave me a never ending general printer error shut down and restart.cleaned off all flat cable ends and inspected them for any folded tips all ends are perfect. cleaned contacts where the ribbon cables connect to the boards and still nothing.

cleaned the chip contacts & pickups. nada, unplugged all cables to printhead nada connected cables but no ink carts, then unplugged all printhead cables still same error.

I think there's more than 1 problem that's why it stops with general error.It can't post 2 errors at once. Was working perfect the night before just 2 colors weren't printing, I did a test scan of a color newspaper on the flatbed and is printed a black and blue image. That's when i removed the printhead, 12 cleanings using the printer software did nothing. then i reinstalled it and got the series of errors that turned into it's vegetative sttae.

This approach worked great! The key was jiggling the cartridge housing and all of a sudden it moved all the way left and came back. We did not find any paper in the works, but ran the nozzle cleaning routine several times and the alignment routine and the printer is back to normal!

1- Turn off the printer

2-Press and Hold "Stop / Clear Settings"

3- While holding "Stop / Clear Settings" Press the power button to turn the printer on.

That should resolve this issue.

There is no stop/clear settings button on this printer! The only buttons are the on button and the cd tray but luckily after leaving it a week when I turned it on this morning to look for the button it appears to have righted itself!

This did not work for me.....

Paper jam. Open the scanner unit

and remove the paper.

Press the Start button to eject the

paper inside.

Paper is jammed in the printer.

Turn off the printer, open the

scanner unit, remove paper.

Check the solutions below if you’re having trouble using your Epson printer.

I had the same thing happen to me not to long ago removing all the paper and jams and unpluging it helped

Thanks Reina for your email but as I said in my description there is no paper jam. Any other idea?

Best,

I got the same prob. We have purchased a new epson l550 but upon starting it for setting it up there's an error message see the documentation... I don't know how to fix it can it still be fix or not?

hi! I did what Dennis Brown recommended ...and it worked! on my EPSON SX515W.

The key part was "After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on startup), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself." It also happened after a cleaning operation I tried....now I hope to see the results....so I probably touched something I shouldnt have, or the cleaning fluid made some mechanical operation stiffer.

hope this helps,

Frank

a print error has occurred turn off the printer , then press on button to turn see your documentation

JLB will be eternally grateful.