Apple's line of PowerBook laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The PowerBook line includes the PowerBook 100, Duo, 500, and 5300 Series; the PowerBook 1400, 2400, 3400; the PowerBook G3, G4 Titanium, and G4 Aluminum.

Battery not detected, what is the exact fault?

Powerbook 12-inch 867 Mhz which I got for a song. No battery, but I soon fixed that by transplanting my other powerbook's good battery into this unit. It was ok for a day but now the battery cannot be detected. It works fine if I move it back to its original unit. Where should I look at next? Everything else works except this no battery detected problem.

I have replaced the DC-DC Board but it didn't fix the problem. It's unlikely the replacement board has the exact same problem. I guess the logicboard is the culprit here. Reminds me of an 800 MHz iBook I still have that works fine except that it won't charge the battery. The battery charges OK if I put it in another iBook. I've replaced the DC-In board and cable with one known to be good, but it didn't help any.

Try resetting the PRAM on the machine. If that doesn't solve the problem you'll probably have to replace the battery connector board.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

PRAM reset didn't work. Guess it's the DC-DC board that's next. I have a donor machine, fortunately.

Bernie will be eternally grateful.