The Samsung Galaxy Note II is a smartphone noted for its combination of a large display and software optimized for an integral self-storing stylus.

Accelerometer/gyroscope - easy to fix?

Hello everybody and thanks in advance for your help.

Could you guys tell me where the accelerometer/gyroscope is in the Galaxy Note 2?

People told me is in the camera connector. Is it right?

Is it hard to fix for a newbie?

Thank you

Most Helpful Answer

Bidz Biddi, the accelerometer/gyroscope is the IC logic board reference designator U230. Check on that IC, sometimes you see the marking 330DC on it. 330dc is the unmarked STMicroelectronics LSM330DLC, which is the IC that the N7100 uses. The datasheet is available right here, the chip itself is available here, as well as many other places. It is an LGA component that is soldered down using surface mount technology. So if you know how to to that type of soldering, you might be able to fix it.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Do you have a similar diagram to locate the accelerometer on the Note 3? Thanks.

Bidz Biddi will be eternally grateful.