Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

My screen won't come on after replacing the proximity sensor

I replaced the proximity sensor in an iphone 4 and now the screen won't come on. The phone does come on because when I plug it in it will vibrate. I installed another screen I had and even tried putting the old sensor back in but the screen won't come back on. I've also tried rebooting it. Is there something on the board that I could have damaged?

Check that you haven't blown the backlight you can do this by holding the phone over a light and you should see the images on the phone very faintly.. Or check you haven't damaged the connectors on the motherboard

try hard reset (home button + power button for 15 seconds), then restore, view board using a microscope to see if any iC are damaged, test screen on another phone, buy a new screen or board. If your in New Zealand you can buy replacement parts here Synced Repairs.

beckygettman will be eternally grateful.