Power door lock does not work with remote - need help!

I have a 2005 Honda Accord EX with power window locks operated from a key fob. One of the doors has a problem with the locking mechanism and does not respond to lock/unlock key presses from the fob. I need to manually lock and unlock the door. How do I fix this? Is it easy to do by myself or do I let the dealer fix this? Do I need to go to a dealer for repair or can I go to any car shop (probably cheaper?) to fix this problem? Thanks!

Depends on how handy you are ;-) but it is not impossible and most likely way cheaper to do it yourself.

smithandneo, sounds like this is caused by a bad door lock actuator. You could replace the actuator with a part like this. Here is an okay video showing the replacement. Hope this helps, good luck.

If all but one door locks and unlocks then it is likely the Power Door Lock Actuator Assy for that faulty door. On my Honda CL9 (Euro and JDM Accord) the actuator was weak, intermittent, before going completely inoperative.

It is not an expensive part (less than $30 as of today, depending upon the source for the part), and it shouldn't take a dealer technician more than an hour of work to remove the door panel and change the actuator. Check with your dealer, and your preferred shop. You can buy the actuator online, but if that's not actually the problem, you've bought an unneeded part.

smithandneo will be eternally grateful.