The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

YLOd day after YLOD agian

Hello please help me i just followed you're guide, with YLOD, but then the day after when i turned on my machine, to play then the YLOD were back.

its a 60gb ps3 probally the "CCHL04" model or what is it named cant remember

What can it be that is causing the problem please help me

Sincerely Danni Osuna

Most Helpful Answer

Danni, "First you do need to remember that this will only work if your YLOD is caused by solder fractures and if they are not to extreme. Reflowing any board with a heatgun is not an exact science and as such does have a certain amount of failure. The proper fix for this would most likely be a professional reball. Anyhow, the biggest reason for failure to reflow is not enough consistent heat. There is a fine line between reflowing and absolutely melting the solder, so one needs to be aggressive without going over board. If nothing else, get a couple of temperature probes and see what heat you generate. You also need to make sure that you apply the thermal paste properly etc. Follow the guide from here and keep on trying. If at first you don't succeed....:). Hope this helps, good luck.

I saw some videos on youtube where people used soldering flux around the bga chip. Its necessary ?

Needs to be reflowed

Danni will be eternally grateful.