96 range rover how do I get the window back on track?
I have a 96 Range rover and the driver side window came off the track how do I fix it?
Is this a good question?
jps196477, see if these instructions from the manual will help you:"
GLASS - FRONT DOOR
Service repair no - 76.31.01
1. Remove front door outer waist seal.
2. Remove front door plastic sheet.
3. Turn ignition ON.
4. Lower glass approximately 120mm (5 in.) Remove rear regulator arm retaining clip.
5. Lower glass to align forward clip with the regulator plate lower retaining rivet. Turn ignition OFF.
6. Remove front lower fixing clip.
7. Remove nut securing bracket to vertical slide.
8. Release bracket from slide.
CAUTION: Chock glass with wooden block, or retain with tape, to prevent glass
dropping when regulator arms are released.
9. Using a suitable lever, release 2 regulator arms from glass lower fixings.
10. Support weight of glass. Remove wooden chock or tape.
11. Rotate glass anti-clockwise to release from runners.
12. Remove front door glass
13. Refit front door glass.
14. Rotate glass anti-clockwise, fit to runners.
15. Secure glass fixings to regulator arms.
16. Position glass bracket to vertical runner, fit retaining nut.
17. Fit clip securing regulator arm to glass runner.
18. Turn ignition ON.
19. Raise door glass approximately 120mm (5 in.)
Fit rear glass retaining clip.
20. Raise door glass.
21. Turn ignition OFF.
22. Fit front door plastic sheet.
23. Fit front door outer waist seal. "
Hope this helps, good luck.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 4
Past 7 Days: 6
Past 30 Days: 15
All Time: 1,211