The Canon EOS 7D was Canon's first high end professional camera with an APS-C crop sensor.

Camera gets Err 30 message. How do I fix it?

I get an Err 30 while taking photos. I can shoot 100 or more photos, then Err 30 starts popping up every few tries. I take out the battery, replace it and restart. Usually camera will work for 10-100 more photos.

the error shows up after each shot. I turn it off and back on, it takes the picture but always shows error code 30!

Problem has gone away. I blew out the camera with a can of compressed air for cleaning PCs. I am planning on sending camera to Canon for a thorough cleaning and recon. Have a MK II ordered.

I had this problem too, i can take photos but after clicking err.30 got show up everytime. I did take-off lens,off the camera and out the battery but still not working in my Eos-x7i. Can someone have a better idea? Thank you so much

Most Helpful Answer

Working solution: Go to Menu and select the Clean Sensor Manually. It really worked for me!

But my menu dosent have that option for the EOS 1100D, or maybe I cant find it?

Hi Dave,

Take a look at this thread. It seems that your shutter got stuck.

As the comment from Jimmy_Schaefer shows, there is also a way of solving the problem without hitting the camera.

Steffen

What about for the EOS 1100D, with err 30?

I just had this problem.

Your shutter is failing, and will eventually stop working altogether.

I had to send my camera body to Canon for them to replace it.

Not an inexpensive repair, but it is a GREAT camera well worth repairing.

about how much did it cost you?

How much is 'Not an inexpensive repair'?

I fixed this. just take the lens off, manually move the shutter up and out of the way. Look to see if there is anything blocking the path of the shutter (behind the shutter) (I found a little piece of something that was blocking my shutter... I removed it and voila, the camera works again.

has the issue reoccurred?

Have try all the options but all to no avail. So what next steps do l take?

system err -30 (p2 camera aj-hpx2100e)

I bought a EOS50D in 2009 and recently, maybe about 6 months, she started with this error 30. When this error appears I turn off and turn on the machine and it solves the problem. As I have already taken more than 50,000 photos with this Canon, I believe that this problem is acceptable and even expected.

Dave Hinde will be eternally grateful.