0

Felix Klee
1

What is the aluminum material thickness?

I wonder about the design specs of the iPad, in regards to the material aluminum:

• What's the thickness of the back cover of the display?
  • What's the minimum thickness, where?
  • What's the maximum thickness, where?

Felix Klee, how about filling us in on your project??? It does start to sound interesting; first the hinges now the casing....;-)

2

Dan

Felix - I'm sure no one here has that level of detail.

Your best bet is to talk directly with Apple after signing up as an accessory vendor. Through this special program you can get some of this info if you can explain why you need it. I should also point out you need to have a product prototype and you can't alter the iPad case (per Apples standard disclosure form).

Otherwise your next best solution is to get a junker and tear it apart to make your measurements (or replacement part).

Edited by: Dan ( )

Thanks for the suggestions! I was hoping that someone has a junker lying around and could do the measurements. Very precise information is not needed, just something to give me an idea about the limits of the material, i.e. "airplane grade" aluminum alloy.

Felix Klee,

Apple claims it's aircraft grade. From what I can tell its pretty hard stuff, if that helps. If your questions are answered please remember to mark it accepted. - Thanks!

Dan,