Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Hi, my phone doesnt connect to the itunes store.

I replaced my battery for my iphone 3gs, but when i turned on, it doesnt connect to the itunes store, and it keeps turning on and off. Whan can be the problem?

This question was migrated from http://meta.ifixit.com/Answers.

The iPhone 3Gs is known to be picky about batteries. It could be you have a known problem child battery. See if the original battery fixes it.

As to your iTunes issue the best advice I have is update the firmware. Apple has blocked older versions of iOS from accessing the iTunes stores because the SSL certificate probably expired and it isn't worth updating the old OS. it could be a block on their end because of the age of iOS3.

From what I know about that it's because of the encryption being inadequate from the current standard of encryption they use.

piter9 will be eternally grateful.