Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Touch screen has coloured lines running verticaly on the screen

So i recently replaced the home button for my iPhone 4 and put it back together but i noticed that when i plugged it in to charge the screen had vertical coloured lines running up and down the left side of the screen. On the other side there was a plain black screen lit up but the phone itself still vibrates with the silent, and when you press the sleep/wake button and home button the screen lights up.

Sincerely

-Jaidan

Sounds like a bad LCD? Have your tried the LCD on a different phone? You rechecked all your connections? You checked the flex to make sure it is not torn anywhere? Post a picture of your LCD on here so we can see what you see:-)

the flex cables look fine to me and ive cleaned all the parts on it and i have not got another lcd for my phone ill try to get a picture on here for you

Thanks :)

Also I might add that when I plug it in at the wall the screen blinks on and off but if I place it in my dock the screen will stay on and I can unlock it and lock it because it does make the sounds and vibrates still though there isn't any picture just the screen I have above. Also it doesn't hold its charge is that because of the lcd playing up?

Jaidan, if all the connections are okay and you do not have a torn cable, then I would proceed with replacing the display assembly. Not holding a charge is most likely related to a bad battery, not the LCD. Change the battery as well. Hope this helps, good luck.

Jaidan will be eternally grateful.