Broke Battery Indicator Flex Cable. No MagSafe Light or Power.

The battery indicator connector flex cable broke at the point it rises off the case. I've ordered a new connector but it will arrive in a week. I'm worried, because the MagSafe charger light does not turn on too.

Is this normal?

Read another post where the poster had a green light but no power. I expected the board to fire up without the battery connected to the logic board but there is no light and no power. What next?

Update:

• Installed the new indicator and cable. Only one screw could go back in but I found a workaround. When I pressed the power button, nothing happened.
  • Connected the AC power adapter. MagSafe got a faint green light but didn't start up.
  • Reset the SMC and restarted. Heard the chime and the keyboard lit up but had a blank black screen. No video!
  • Reset SMC again, same thing. No video. Reset SMC again (x3 now)
  • Restarted .... lo & behold everything works fine. Battery is 100%. I only have to change the clock which connecting to the wifi fixed.
  • Pressing the indicator button lights up the green lights.

Problem: The MagSafe light is still a faint green but I know it works. How do I fix it?

1. Tried this YouTube: dim green light MacBook Pro 2011 unibody fix
  2. Liquid Damage Magsafe LED Dim Green with Dead Battery

Where I can get a battery indicator cable for my macbook pro 13 inch early 2011? thanks I broke mine while lifting up the logic board.

The problem turned out to be the Magsafe DC-in board.

The thinnest wire all alone on the side split. soldered it which fixed the problem.

MacBook Pro Unibody 13" and 15" MagSafe DC-In Board Image

Glad you fixed the problem :)

Most Helpful Answer

Install the new cable before panicking.

"For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me." Job 3:25

Do we really need scripture?

MacBook Pro does not turn on if the cable is broken?

atenyim will be eternally grateful.