Broke Battery Indicator Flex Cable. No MagSafe Light or Power.
The battery indicator connector flex cable broke at the point it rises off the case. I've ordered a new connector but it will arrive in a week. I'm worried, because the MagSafe charger light does not turn on too.
Is this normal?
Read another post where the poster had a green light but no power. I expected the board to fire up without the battery connected to the logic board but there is no light and no power. What next?
- Installed the new indicator and cable. Only one screw could go back in but I found a workaround. When I pressed the power button, nothing happened.
- Connected the AC power adapter. MagSafe got a faint green light but didn't start up.
- Reset the SMC and restarted. Heard the chime and the keyboard lit up but had a blank black screen. No video!
- Reset SMC again, same thing. No video. Reset SMC again (x3 now)
- Restarted .... lo & behold everything works fine. Battery is 100%. I only have to change the clock which connecting to the wifi fixed.
- Pressing the indicator button lights up the green lights.
Problem: The MagSafe light is still a faint green but I know it works. How do I fix it?
Is this a good question?