Third generation of iPad with Wi-Fi, released on March 16, 2012. Model Number A1416. Repair requires heating and careful prying.

LCD not turning on after I replaced the screen.

Hey guys, I am trying to replace the screen on an iPad 3 WiFi

So I went ahead and replaced the screen, and before I sealed the iPad I tried turning it on, and no luck, no image, no lights, nothing.

1- Screen has no image

2- iPad is on (shows up on iTunes

3- Tried holding the power and home button for 7 seconds

4- Tried to put it in DFU mode

5- I unplugged the battery from mother board

6- I tried unplugging everything about 10 times now

7- Left iPad cables unplug about 45 minutes

8- The battery is at 45%

9- If I hit the power button I do get the sound every iDevice gets

So I did all that and still no image.

Thank you in advanced for your help guys.

Why did you replace the LCD? was it damaged or just didnt work? If the latter perhaps the fault lies else where

@Richdave - I replaced the screen and not the LCD, the screen (digitizer) was broken and the LCD was fine.

I know that on the iPad 2 it was common that people would unplug the LCD connector using something metal like a pry tool of screwdriver to flip the clip holding the LCD connector in place. It would often short out the board and kill video completely. Only way I know of fixing it to replace the motherboard. Which basically is to replace the iPad.

Sounds like the same thing. I've seen it before. If you tried to hard reset a time or two and it didnt work. Check those connections one last time but you may have shorted out the board and killed it.

'

Hope this helps!

If I shorted the motherboard, which I probably did, would it still appear on my iTunes? I would think that if it fried, it wouldn't even show up on iTunes.

Most Helpful Answer

So after pulling my hair, someone suggested to do a full RESTORE and thank God it worked. The iPad is fully working. Thank you guys.

Same here-- I just replace my LCD screen and it did not turn on--- I did a hard reset and it went on... uff what a relief...

How do you do a hard reset

How can u do it if ur screen doesnt work?

What he means by full restore is to do a hard power reset. Hold down the power button and the home button at the same time for approx. 10 sec.

How do you do a full RESTORE?

I had exactly the same issue with a screen not working after being replaced on an iPad mini. The ipad was obviously working because holding down the home button would activate siri. Holding down the power and home button to do a hard reset fixed it for me.

Hard RESET Thank you!

HARD RESET WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

:) :) :) :)

I've been without my ipad for over 6 months!! Thanks

This is happening to me, when plugging it into itunes it is saying that I need to update or do a restore. I did the update then it said I have to do the restore but the restore is not working.

Any help would be appreciated!

don't do a full restore just yet!! first make sure the lcd and digitizer are plugged in then unplug the battery and plug it back in attempt to turn it on!!

How do you unplug the battery? Do you have to completely remove the mother board?

No, to disconnect the battery, just remove the screw in the battery connector an slide a piece of paper in between the battery contacts and the main board (it helps to raise the edge of the main board slightly first).

malogfx will be eternally grateful.