Tickle Me Elmo is a children's toy from Tyco-Preschool, based on the character Elmo from the children's television show Sesame Street. It was introduced in the United States in 1996.

New batteries, doesn't work.

He was working. Changed the batteries and now he doesn't. Am I missing something here? Is there anything I can try?

When was the last time Elmo worked? You checked the batteries, the proper position and checked for corrosion on the battery contacts?

I fond a plastic bag in the foot of mine why is it there

I have a 20 year old Elmo the shaker box stopped working, how do I get a new one.

hey there do you still have the shaker box?

Mine also does not work after replacing batteries....plz tell me where to get another shaker box

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Ever fixed something? That’s Genius.

Share your repair story with #ImAGenius

We Are All Geniuses

Share your repair story with #ImAGenius

Did you replace ALL the batteries?

Instructions

1

Open the door to the battery compartments on the bottom of Elmo's feet with a Phillips head screwdriver. Remove the old batteries.

2

Place the AA batteries in the battery compartments according to the polarity indicators designated by a (+) and (-) sign.

3

Replace the battery compartment covers. Replace the screws. Set the "On/off" switch on the bottom of Elmo's right foot to "On."

4

Slide the back cover off the activation box. Install the two AAA batteries in the compartment. Place the batteries in the compartment according to the polarity indicators inside the case.

do I mash anything to make it start after batteries

Where is "the back cover off the activation box"? and how do I access it?

Thank you.

Mike D

Mike, it's on the back. See the diagram here: Where is Location of Elmo's Activation Box Cover?

Jean will be eternally grateful.