Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

How do we write back the original serial number?

Good Day. My question is that if a particular iPhone or iPad model needs a logic board replacement, how do we write back the serial number of the original to the new logic board? As far as I know when the logic board of a MB or MBP has to be replaced the serial number of the unit has to be written to the replacement logic board via the blank board serializer.

Thanks,

Thanks guys for your replies.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Authorized Service Providers have the software to do this. Getting a logic board that has not been serialized would be very unusual. It usually involves sending the old board back to Apple.

Rey will be eternally grateful.