Nokia Lumia 920

The Nokia Lumia 920, developed by Nokia and released in November 2012, utilizes Windows Phone 8 operating system.

Lumia 920 Died. Not charging and not starting up?

The phone turned off while my son was playing a game on my Lumia 920. I tried to charge it but it did not charging and even not showing Nokia Logo. It shows nothing, just like died phone. I tried hard and soft reset but nothing works.

I thought it was the charging port because there was small physical defect near by USB charging port (it voided the guaranty). I ordered OEM USB Port Charging Connector Flex Cable. I changed the charging port.

Now I see it installed the driver on my PC when I connect through the USB cable. But still not charging and it displays nothing when I try to charge it or start.

What can cause the problem and which part needs to be changed in order to work properly.

Hello, When you had it apart did you look to see if any of the connections where still connected? Maybe a connector to the screen has been loosened? Or perhaps the screen itself has gone bad. I would suggest to check all the connections inside the device.

by JSmith

Thanks @JSmith, I tried to look for cables that can be loose. I only see Battery cable and microUSB Charger Flex Cable. I tightened both of them. Do I need to disassemble the phone further to look for more cables? Can the screen go bad by it self? Thanks

by Mohamed Ali

Have you checked your battery with a multimeter? Have you replaced the battery yet at all? You said "physical defect near by USB charging port " where is near by? Post an image of the "area" with the defect with your question.

by oldturkey03

This is an image that shows the defected area http://i.imgur.com/zZf2nfq.jpg

by Mohamed Ali

i also have the same problem and always do the same thing by press the volume and power on/off and its works usually. but now its not really work. there are no any response when the phones was charging. it looks died. the hard reset also cannot do anything. whats the problem??!!

by caercspf

I had this situation before with my Lumia 920. Just press the "Volume down" and power button for a few seconds to perform a soft reset. After the phone has started again, you have to set the date and time.

I tried hard and soft reset. Its more than that.

by Mohamed Ali

wow Sven Wilhelm , i have the same problem and it works when i press Volume down and power button at the same time for a few seconds. Thanx a lot, i almost packing it and send to Nokia for repair. :-)

by Cymon

Thanks Sven Wilhelm. I reset my phone now its working.

by khurram

Volume down and power button for a few seconds to perform a soft reset worked for me. www.sarthakpatel.in

by Sarthak Patel

Volume down and power button for a few seconds to perform a soft reset worked for me

by Neeraj Ail

Try the reset first. Press and hold the vol down+power+camera buttons. Release the power button when the phone vibrates and release the remaining 2 buttons about 5 seconds after that.

100%working Abdelrhman Abdalla

100% solution Pls do it like this: * Press and hold the vol down+power+camera buttons * when the phone vibrates Release the power button * about 5 seconds after that release the remaining 2 buttons

by Abdelrhman

http://jkorondy.com/Lumia920 to download firmware updater (Nokia Software Updater 4.1.0)

a do soft reset ( vol- and power) bat not working! open device and disconnect battery flet and wait 10-15 sec then connect back and put back mask, and connect charger. this worked for me. ( sorry for bad english) :)

I tried everything; holding the two buttons down, then three, even charging it but nothing worked. please help me. Thanks.

If the reset described above, you may need to reload your firmware. See the instructions, warnings and software download at http://jkorondy.com/Lumia920

by John Korondy

I tried soft reset (volume down + power) and hard reset (all three buttons)...but alas none of them worked. Any suggestions??

There all problem are solve in new update

now my 720 lumia phone is start in 30sec only..

Thanks windows phone

I've got same problem! :-(

what type of problem would that be?

by oldturkey03

Im facing the same problem as Mohamed Ali. What do I do? Tried both the soft and hard reset. Nothing is happening. Its just like a dead phone. Not responding to anything and as far as I know there is no problem with my charging point unlike Ali's situation. Pls help me!

UP! I've got same problem with Nokia Lumia 820

guys i have the same problem my 920 ph is completly dead , checked out in nokia care, the engineers suck.. i tried checking with a new battery . it didnt work.. according to the engineers the motherboard is faulty but m %#*@ sure the problem lies within the battery becoz the after they tried battery boost the battery didnt responded a bit.. actualy the nokia engineers are unable to figure out where exactly the problem lies .. nd yes i was asked to replace the motherboard.. and it cost 10,000 indian rs.. which !&&* of a money i can buy a new ph instead of that.. can any one help me.. what should i do .. should i file a case against them .. bcoz ..my phone is 1 year 4 months old .. and this shouldnt have happend

by gaurav sharma

i had same & after reading above comments n accordingly tried (down V+Power).............then after while got response. then again now fine just required further such setting time & date. nothing else.

Question why is this happen? it is kind of bug in wp?

i have the same problem #HELP

did anything work for any one up there

tried everything guys this is so sick

HELP !!!

Same problem with Lumia 625. 1 year and 4 months old. It's dead. I was reading a book in it with 80% battery charged and turned off! It's impossible to wakeup.

When you remove the battery and connect to the charger does it start up or no? If no, you most likely need to replace the charging port. You can check your charge port with a multimeter. I highly doubt it's the display, because even if the display is dead then there would still be SOME sign that the phone is on. (An indicator light, vibration, noise, etc.)

Now I have the same problem wwith my one year and 4 months old Lumia 920. Actully it happended 3 times a weeb before, but with soft reset and some luck, I can awake my phone. But this time I can not do anything, soft reset and hard reset. No thing work. When I press volume down and power, it vibrates and nothing happens next. Connecting to the charger does not work, connecting to computer, the phone gets hot but nothing else. I do not know how to do, pls help!

The Nokia 920 i have doesn't do any of the resets. I get the battery symbol with a plug..then a black screen.. then Nokia..and a white line across the bottom. I'd throw the thing in the garbage but my wife made the mistake of saving pics of my kid to the phone. Personally it's bull $@$* that Microsoft even tried to copy Apple. Windows 8 sucks on pc too. Nevertheless if someone can get me passed the crap of the button steps I'd be happy. Mine won't do any booting. Just loop the same over and over. I've got a HTC m8 and love it. The software even beats those s5 Samsung lol

kind engineers

I changed the broken touch screen at my lumia 625, after this I restarted the smarthphone but nothing happened. I touched the screen and I feel that it was warm. After one second I remove fast the back cover and I disconnected the battery.

Now what should I do? Can be occurred a shortcut?

best regards

Giuseppe

Mohamed Ali will be eternally grateful.