The Nokia Lumia 920, developed by Nokia and released in November 2012, utilizes Windows Phone 8 operating system.

My Lumia 920 died. Why is it not charging or starting up?

The phone turned off while my son was playing a game on my Lumia 920. I tried to charge it, but it did not charge—and it's not even showing Nokia Logo. It shows nothing—just like a dead phone. I tried both hard and soft resets, but nothing works.

I thought it was the charging port because there was a small physical defect near the USB charging port (voiding the warranty). I ordered an OEM USB port charging connector flex cable. I changed the charging port.

Now I see that it installed the driver on my PC when I connected through the USB cable. But it's still not charging, and it displays nothing when I try to charge it or power it on.

What can cause this problem, and which part needs to be changed in order to work properly? Thanks.

When you had it apart did you look to see if any of the connections where still connected? Maybe a connector to the screen has been loosened? Or perhaps the screen itself has gone bad. I would suggest to check all the connections inside the device.

Thanks @JSmith, I tried to look for cables that can be loose. I only see Battery cable and microUSB Charger Flex Cable. I tightened both of them. Do I need to disassemble the phone further to look for more cables? Can the screen go bad by it self?

Have you checked your battery with a multimeter? Have you replaced the battery yet at all? You said "physical defect near by USB charging port " where is near by? Post an image of the "area" with the defect with your question.

This is an image that shows the defected area http://i.imgur.com/zZf2nfq.jpg

if you will try charging by usb to computer it will charge somehow it is a fault with phone because alot of people have this problem with the lumia 920

I had this situation before with my Lumia 920. Just press the volume down and power buttons for a few seconds to perform a soft reset. After the phone has started again, you have to set the date and time.

I tried hard and soft reset. Its more than that.

wow Sven Wilhelm , i have the same problem and it works when i press Volume down and power button at the same time for a few seconds. Thanx a lot, i almost packing it and send to Nokia for repair. :-)

Thanks Sven Wilhelm. I reset my phone now its working.

Volume down and power button for a few seconds to perform a soft reset worked for me.

www.sarthakpatel.in

Volume down and power button for a few seconds to perform a soft reset worked for me

Try the reset first. Press and hold the vol down+power+camera buttons. Release the power button when the phone vibrates and release the remaining 2 buttons about 5 seconds after that.

100%working Abdelrhman Abdalla

100% solution

Pls do it like this:

* Press and hold the

vol down+power+camera buttons

* when the phone vibrates

Release the power button

* about 5 seconds after that

release the remaining 2 buttons

a do soft reset ( vol- and power) bat not working! open device and disconnect battery flet and wait 10-15 sec then connect back and put back mask, and connect charger. this worked for me. ( sorry for bad english) :)

http://jkorondy.com/Lumia920 to download firmware updater (Nokia Software Updater 4.1.0)

When you remove the battery and connect to the charger does it start up or no? If no, you most likely need to replace the charging port. You can check your charge port with a multimeter. I highly doubt it's the display, because even if the display is dead then there would still be SOME sign that the phone is on. (An indicator light, vibration, noise, etc.)

i have done both the soft reset ,pressing both the volume ,power and camera nothing is happening i do not know what the problem is.i am even contemplating to tell others not to buy NOKIA phones.

as ive been trying to say the whole issue with my lumia 640 not xl after two days I left it in a window as it got to hot when I came back it said on the display overheated and needs to power off but it did not power off as it detected instead it stayed on until user input, after this it was all over for the battery, I then took another battery from same type of phone and all was well again as if it never happened, as ive said there is a sensor overheating detection device on most batteries today for smart phones. once they are triggered it seems inpossible to fix without buying new, as youtube will show how to bypass this sensor it will not work with lumia 640's the battery is sealed in a way that will destroy it trying to solve it, also the charge port is normal with that high raised center on the port its normal and Is for a tighter fitting charge wire,..

My husbands phone is doing the same exact thing except its a Nokia 1320. It will not power on at all. It is getting very frustrating. We took it to a Microsoft store they couldn't do anything to fix it. I am curious if anyone knows how to resolve this issue so he can keep his phone. He has tried a soft and factory reset and neither worked.

Hello, I'm currently experiencing the same thing. I have a Lumia 520, I used it for facebook, twitter, etc. After I used it, i turned it off and when I tried to open it again, It did'nt start but when I connect it to my laptop, it reads my phone's usb driver. What solution can you suggest?

Hello, I'm currently experiencing the same thing. I have a Lumia 1320 . i have tried evry thing to get out from dis but ntng helped me .please suggest a solution _/\_

while am texting my phone suddenly blink some light and off my phone but now its not showing either whether the phone is on condition are not give me some solution i have very impotent data in my phone memory

Mohamed Ali will be eternally grateful.