Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

pmic compatibility and replacement

I am trying to fix a water damage problem. The phone worked but would not charge. I changed the dock connector and the battery but the same problem exists. Next I was moving on to the PMIC (338S0973). However, I cannot find the part or a teardown guide. Do you know if it is compatible with past models? Thanks!

cyndeefinkel, not quite sure what you are asking. You need to know where it is? What it is? Where to get it?

Thanks for the response. First things first, I need to find one. I was wondering if I could scavenge from an older model Iphone as I have been unable to find the necessary part online.

cyndeefinkel, the PMIC on the iPhone 4S is a Dialog power management IC (ANGELINA-A3, how cute is that:-) It is a Dialog Semi D1881A IC, and of course it is a BGA chip. You can get it from places like this and here as well. There are multiple suppliers on here. I did not find any other equipment that uses this IC. Hope this helps, good luck.

Ebay! I'm so silly. Thank you so much!

You are welcome and best of luck to you.

cyndeefinkel will be eternally grateful.