Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Having difficulty connection home button flex cable

I'm trying to connect the flex cable but it just won't slide in but if I try it with the old one I can get it to fit in. Is there any easy way to make it slide in or hold it on a specific angle?

actually its not the home button flex.. it's a ribbon cable, 1 of the 3 at the top of the display assembly, but I can't get it to slide in properly.. is it either the ALS or Proximity sensor? that's my guess

Hi Patrick,

I suppose you are talking about ribbon cable #3 (see here; step 6), since you are having problems with sliding it in.

Well, here is what I would do. First, I would compare the old ribbon cable with the new one. Is there any difference in regard to the type?

Second, when you try to slide in the ribbon cable, hold the LCD/Digitizer in an angle of about 60 degrees with your left hand (if you are right handed). By doing this, you release the tension of that ribbon cable. Now, take some tweezers (right hand) and carefully slide this ribbon cable into the connector in an angle of about 10 degrees until you feel a resistance. The cable should now be in the position as seen here:

Finally, flip down the tab. You might want to do that with a match or opening tool in your left hand (thumb-index finger grasp).

Steffen

Patrick Lee will be eternally grateful.