Model A1213 / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity

Itunes won't connect with my iPod

Hi there so here is my problem, I have an iPod touch first generation and I just reset it, I also downloaded iTunes for my computer *which is an hp laptop that runs on windows 8*, now when I plug my iPod into my computer iTunes comes up and says it cannot connect to this iPod touch? what do i do to fix this issue? btw it does connect to my computer but not to my iPod

"it does connect to my computer but not to my iPod" do you mean that your iPod is recognized by the computer but not by iTunes?

I have the same problem but I have a MacBook Pro and it won't connect

I just installed iTunes 12.5.4.42 on my ASUS Zenbook/Windows 10 system. Same problem. iPod Touch will not connect to iTunes. Called Apple Support - after a half hour on the phone, and trying the oldturkey03 fix, the Apple tech told me that iTunes no longer works with the old iPods - is this true? Do I have to uninstall iTunes and go back to an earlier version?

Most Helpful Answer

Kendra, the way I understand your question is that the iPod connects to your computer but iTunes does not. If that is so, it is most likely not your dock connector or your cable, and yes, you can try a different USB port. However, I would try with these steps, since it could be a Windows 8 driver issue:"

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Select Hardware and Sound.

3. Select Devices and Printers.

4. Your iPhone or iPod should be displayed in the Unspecified section. Right-click it and select Properties.

5. Select the Hardware tab, then click the Properties button.

6. From the General tab, select the Change settings button.

7. Select the Driver tab, then select Update Driver.

8. Choose Browse my computer for driver software.

9. Select Browse… then navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

10. Click Next > Close.

Your Apple device should now be detected successfully within iTunes."

from here. hope this helps, good luck.

This was actually more helpful than Apple was.

This was by far the best help I could find. You fixed my issue. Thank you so much! Better than Apple.

oldturkey03's solution did the trick for me!! Thanks so much!!

works like a charm

you. are. awesome!!!!

@oldturkey03 How you do this on a Mac that does not see an iPhone 3G?

@mayer good question.I will try and figure it out if I find my old iPhone 3G I'll give it a try. Easier for me on a Windows machine :-)

I'll ask this as a new Mac question tomorrow and accept this answer when it will count.

If you can, try a mac or windows 7 computer. Also, you could have a faulty USB port on your computer. It could also be a problem with the dock connector.

Kendra will be eternally grateful.