Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Weak antenna signal after replacing home button

Hi all,

I did replace the home button of my iPhone 4 home button since it was not working. After reassembly of the phone, I noticed that sim antenna signal is much weaker than before. Everything else looks to be fine, the WiFi is also ok.

For example when I am inside the house the signal strength is quite low and disconnects time to time. It was not like this before. Out side I used to get full coverage but its not full coverage now.

Can you please tell me what would be the problem and how can I fix this issue?

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

Have you tried calling your cell provider and explaining to them? Sometimes the signal strength can be attributed to a down tower or your phone may need a location update. I have had to do this before. Takes a minute to do but sometimes fixes connection and signal issues. Good Luck!

All I can say is I moved and my signal dropped off. I called the cell provider and told them and they had me do something to my phone and make sure I had correct version of software and my signal increased to full scale. Just a suggestion.

Well I can ask people around to see if that's the problem. But I highly doubt this.

Do you by any chance remember what you did?

I called Verizon which is my provider and told them and they sent something to my phone and I restarted the phone. I think what it is you are given a base tower that all of your calls go through and when you move you may be closer to another tower. It could just be a Verizon thing or I could be assuming something. I deduced this from hearing others complain about this before and getting tidbits of their conversations with Verizon. I can't be sure because I didn't actually ask them when I called. If I get a chance I will call tonight and ask them what they did...providing they will tell me! Who is your provider?

Won't hurt to ask them in any case!

Sean will be eternally grateful.