The Samsung Brightside features a 3.1-inch touch screen and slide-out QWERTY keyboard.

Why is my phone screen black after water damage?

I accidentally dropped my phone in a sink full of water. I took the phone out right away, took the back off, and put it in rice. I took it out a few times after that to check it and when I did it still turned on and worked. However, at one point when I took it out the screen flickered and turned black. I put the phone back in rice for 24 hours and took it out a day later. When I tried turning it on it turned on, but the screen is still black and I can't see anything. Is there anything I can do to do fix this?

can anyone help me b/c my lg g stylo fell and now the screen is black and i dont know what to do....plz help

i have the same problem. my samsung e5 mobile has dropped down, now i cant able to see the display, the display is blank now after changing the display also, can anyone help me please

i took my Samsung S6 active to the pool and water got inside the phone, now the screen is purple and pink and the screen is barely visible but it still functions , and i dont know how to fix it

Please make sure your phone has been completely dry for the first time. There are two possible causes make your mobile phone stuck in black screen: The hardware inside the phone is damaged, or the OS is damaged.

You can try using the Samsung Data Recovery to get Samsung out of blank screen, and restore you lost data from Samsung with black screen.

Read more from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6bOgiUf...

Jess, the very first thing you want to do is to no longer try to turn your phone on. The second thing you want to do is to clean your phone. If you do not clean it properly, you are running risk of having corrosion damage in the near future. Disassemble your phone completely and clean everything, especially the logic board, connectors and cable ends with 90%+ isopropyl alcohol. Use a soft brush to gently clean every "nook and cranny". Check your board for any missing or burned components. After that replace the battery. Re-assemble your phone and re-evaluate. Rice will not prevent corrosion nor repair your phone. If you still have a totally blank screen after that, it is possible that it is A: a bad LCD backlight (replace the LCD) or B: a short on the circuitry on the logic board. Let us know what you find. Hope this helps, good luck.

What brush do you suppose to use with this, I know if its to hard there's a risk off knocking off components, to soft wont do, so do you have a recommended brush or will a old toothbrush due???

any type of toothbrush

I have this problem also, but how do you take apart the Brightside to clean it? I have found do details on how to do this.

my phone does it too but it fall in the toilet

My Xperia Z3 also become black i wash it because oily and why become black i taught XPERIA Z3 is waterproof that why i wash

press both, the power button and the minimize volume button for 30 sec. My phone worked after that again!

OH MY GOD YOU SEXY MOTHER!!! my phone was broken for 2 YEARS AND THIS JUST FIXED IT WHAT IN THE &&^&. you sir, cannot even understand what you did when you took the time to type this, i am beyond happy,THANK YOU

Jutta!!! You helped me as well THANK YOU!!!!

bows to jutta!!

My phone has extremely low brightness after dropping it in water, and I can barely see anything, will pressing both, the power button and the minimize volume button for 30 seconds fix it ? My phone is HTC Desire 820

What do you do after that

sounds like the phone is dead, it is possible that the cable that is connected to the screen came loose so check that but otherwise sorry.

Its not dead thescreen is blank and it dropped in water

My Xperia is water damaged worked after a week of drying out nearly a year later screen has gone blank but can see back light and hear screen responding to touch. Any ideas if I can fix it and is it worth replacing screen?

It's possible then that the backlight is dead, replacing the LCD should fix this. Otherwise it could be that the connection itself is dead in which case you would likely need to replace the logic board.

My phone is an iphone...so I feel like it might be a little more complected. The screen is black but if I turn on the ringer then it makes the sounds that usually comes with it and when someone text me or I get a notification it makes the sound but the screen just won't turn on. What do I do? The same thing or..?

Ashley Montague yes, you do want to do the same thing. You do need to clean it. It all will depend on what model iPhone yours is and what you have done thus far. It could be a bad display assembly or a bad backlight circuitry....

Jess will be eternally grateful.