0

mykel
11

Digitizer problem, one area not working

Hi, I have an Iphone 4S that has one certain area of the screen sometimes not responding to touch, the area is "4,5,6" on the keypad when trying to dial a number.

Does anyone have any solve around this?

Thanks,

Mykel

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

1

Jackintosh11

Yes. You have a broken digitizer, so replace the display assembly.

iPhone 4S Display Assembly

i have repaired over 100 phones, just ran into a problem where a strip of the digitizer is not working. the problem occurs from Q to P on the keyboard in portrait mode. i have an iphone 4 assembeld with no screen and i use it to test screens. the screens i am using work fine with the test phone. upon inspection of the 4/s i see no problem areas. any suggestions? also i tried to hard reset/ and hard restore the phone with no success after updating.

4rsen,

0

Pete Green
95

I had a similar problem with a 3gs. I tried a couple of spare screens but could not get rid of the dead spot. A narrow vertical area corresponding with the letter I when the keyboard is on screen. I put the main board under my microscope and found small traces of what looked like solder splashes on two of the pins in the digitizer socket.