Home button not working after replacing lightning connector.

My Iphone 5 stopped charging reliably and the lightning connector was buggered up. So I bought the tools to open the phone up and a new lightning connector. After the replacement, I have 3 small washers left over that I think came from the area of the connector when I took it out, but I have no clue where they go. The home button now does not work, and I do not know how to fix this. Everything inside my device looks like it does on ifixit's pictures. Please help me!

I'm having the same issue with my home button after my lightning conector replacement. I'm also having problems seating the LCD back into the phone properly. I am getting ghosting on the screen from something pushing into the screen from behind. The bottom left corner of the phone is where the pressure is at.

Tried it again this evening, still no luck. My phone has the same pressure behind the screen like you are talking about, feels like something isn't fitting on the lower left corner of the phone, but everything looks like it does in the photos. When reassembling, I inspected the contacts on the flex cable and ensured that they were touching the contacts from the home button, but it still does not work. Anyone else have any ideas?

After taking mine back apart again I got it to seat properly under the screen. My issue was a small bracket that went around the headphone jack. I had accidentally gotten it under the rubber speaker grommet, not over. After all this however I still had a horrible weekend dealing with a home button that was not working properly. I went into Apple yesterday and they gave me a new phone :)

Hope you get it figured out.

Awesome, that worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your help!

Washers are beneath the lightning connector. Make sure you fold the flex properly so the home button contacts are in place

i have the same problem until now for weeks cant figure it out. i have tried several times but no luck and tried shorting it but didnt work changed home button nothing happen. please help.....

kirsch09 will be eternally grateful.