Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Keyboard backlight does not light, even after replacement.

I bought a used MBP, Early 2008 Macbook Pro 15". A1226, that came with a French keyboard, and the backlight was intermittent. I replaced the KB with a US one, and that works fine, except for the backlight.

When I use the F5/F6 keys, the [on-screen backlight] indicator moves, but no change in the light. In System Preferences I have tried automatic and manual control for the backlight - no change.

Nothing is blocking either the speaker grille or the webcam area.

Ideas?

Fixed it.

It turns out that the keyboard backlight connector is very position-sensitive. I went back in and reseated all the keyboard-related connectors (again!) and was finally able to get the backlight working again.

Tim O

tjod will be eternally grateful.