Kenwood FM stereo receiver Model Eleven III. This stereo is from the 1970s.

mY TIMER has broken internally

Is it possible to gain access to timer and either replace switch or wire past it, great unit don't want to replace it just because the timer has broken not allowing poser to unit.

Tom Wirtzfeld, that depends if is the switch or if parts of the "solid state" has failed.

Tom Wirtxzfield, take a look at the service manual that you can download from here. It will show you how to get to the individual parts and thus allow you to further trouble shoot your receiver.

Guys, Thanks for the response, I'll plan to "dig into this" when I can get to it......the manual will certainly be a huge help. TKS much, Tom

Thank you for accepting my answer. Best of luck to you and let us know how it is working out.

Timer has middle shaft,plastic with 2 set screws,this gets brittle and breaks,very bad design,might be able to fabricate shaft and clamp it over or 2 half-shells clamped to create a new one,Like I said,bad design,should have been all metal.

it could be the coupling between the switch and the timer its self, this is common on models with this timer. the coupling is plastic and breaks , but is a easy fix

Tom Wirtzfeld will be eternally grateful.