Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

says fully charged buy dies when charger disconnects

Hello people,

I have recently been given an iPhone from my dads collegue to sell for myself. It is a GSM iPhone 4. I plug it into a charger and it boots up to a DFU/slide to SOS mode but the charging image says it is fully charged. when I unplug it, it shuts off immidiatly and dies. I replaced a battery from another phone and the same problem happened. I then plugged it into my PC but then the apple logo turns on and off. I have fixed way over 50 iPhones and I have never seen such a thing.

Anybody know of a soulution?

Thanks,

Todd

I also have this problem very sadly and have never had such a difficult time with a phone if anyone.. knows a solution please tell me

William Olson, you tried a new battery?

toddsifix, this "fake charging" can be caused by a faulty charging coil. Check for corrosion, loose connection etc. on it. Hope this helps, good luck.

toddsifix will be eternally grateful.