iPhone 4

Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

turn off voice control

My IPhone 4 is on voice control. How do I get it back to normal?

sir i want removed voice control and no remember my passcord

by Regh Reghu

while in voice over mode, you can't really be able to do much like go to settings and all. So for Iphone 3/3s hold the power and home button, it will restart fresh. In iphone 4 and above press the home button 2, 3 or 4 times to switch voice over control.

by Samz

Thank you my phone was blackscreen and voice control and wouldn't do anything. Once voice control was off I could reset. I am very relieved. Thanks.

by annfill

Most Helpful Answer

Jeanie, go to Settings>General>Accessibility>voice over off for setting it on your phone. If you want to use iTunes for that try this:"

Connect iPhone to your computer.

In iTunes, select your device.

In the Summary pane, click Configure Universal Access in the Options section.

Select the accessibility features that you want to use and click OK. from here. Hope this helps, good luck.

VoiceOver

If VoiceOver is on and you want to turn it off from the device instead of from iTunes, remember that a double-tap acts like a single tap and you need to use three fingers to scroll when VoiceOver is on:

Press Home.

Tap Settings. Then double-tap Settings.

Tap General. Then double-tap General.

Use three fingers on the screen to scroll to Accessibility.

Tap Accessibility. Then double-tap Accessibility.

Tap VoiceOver. Then double-tap VoiceOver.

Tap "On" next to VoiceOver. Then double-tap "On" to turn it off.

Guys i would highly recommend this way to deactivate voice control, it worked well for me.

Pankaj S

Panja s Thanks so much!!!! Your instructions worked. I was going nuts!!!!! Thanks Tete

by tete A

Thanks a lot it worked 1st suggestion. rg from Auma

by krishna

Thanks Pankaj, it worked for me. During one of my attempts to disable it, the phone called 12 of my contacts!! It caused me so much stress and embarrassment during meeting. Now am considering of selling this iphone to buy a samsung!! Hayyy.

by malou omni

Holding down both volume buttons for a few seconds was the only thing that worked for me.

To overcome future accidently turning on of voice over:

Go to:

Settings --> General --> Accesibility --> Activating button --> disable VoiceOver by tapping on it. When you go back the Acitivating button will show "Off" or you have chosen another option...

Good luck

the only thing that worked for me was to hit the round bottom three times real fast sound silly but that's what my son-in-law did and bam it was off he said three times fast is on three times fast is off that the bottom on the face of the phone thank God he come over for over an hour I searched for ways to turn the voice control off and because I didn't turn it on I had know idea it was turned on my and grand kid

What worked for me was my neighbor holding down the both volume control buttons for a few seconds. Every other suggestion did not work. I do not even know how it came to be on. I could turn the phone off by holding down the home button and the one on the top of phone, but when turning it back on voice control was still there. I could not get into the phone at all, the screen lock comes on automatically and no amount of any sort of attempt to open it in any manner worked. I owe my neighbor a beer!!

Jeanie will be eternally grateful.