Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

How good is the quality on the replacement screen from iFixit?

I have a broken screen, and bought a new one from ebay. The screen looks blue-ish, and the feeling is not really good. I want a screen that looks and works like the original one. Will the screen from iFixit do it for me?

I bought a new screen from ifixit. To answer my own question, the screen is almost like the original one. The only different, is that the color is actually better. This is the screen you want buy if you want the feeling and look you get from the original screen. The cons are that the screw drivers are not magnetic, and the one to open the two bottom screws does not fit.

I have had the opposite experience with my recently purchased iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 screens. They are both too thick and don't fit flush on the frame, also the iPhone 6 screen works poorly (i.e. the bottom of it does not ready properly).

Our iPhone 4S display assemblies are high-quality replacements that have gone through rigorous testing to ensure you're getting a part that's functionally identical to the part you're replacing. And in addition to our best-in-the-industry quality, all our screens are backed by our Lifetime Warranty.

iPhone 4S LCD Screen and Digitizer

iPhone 4S LCD Screen and Digitizer Image

I purchased an Ipad screen and its was great quality, no different from the one that I had to remove (original). I should imagine this is the same with their Iphone screens :)

I can only assume they are refurbished, genuine screens with genuine gorilla glass replacements laminated with OCA. I'd like to be proven wrong though, I didn't think you could buy factory made retina displays because Apple do not sell them to the public?

OEM is a bullshit term so ignore it whenever you see it used, by anyone, anytime.

iFixit does not compete on price so it can be assumed that they are offering something of quality.

eBay does compete on price to the lowest common denominator, so assume that "COMMODITY" items on eBay are $@$*, across ALL INDUSTRIES.

NEVER buy "commodity" repair parts on eBay. Random plastic piece that sits over a wifi card, sure. iPhone screen or Macbook battery NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I would buy a part from iFixit before buying it from eBay unless it was an eBay vendor I knew personally. Even then, good companies have their good pile(for their company website and wholesale users) and the $@$* pile(for eBay so they can compete on price). So be careful on eBay.

I purchased one, it was perfect. It's never an exact copy though because apple screens have squares which help coordination with games and writing, but they still work fine, and there are no obvious differences from the apple screen.

Apple doesn't..unless you get your phone fixed by Apple. Don't let iFix fool you. The differences are hard to tell, unless of course you count the pixels, etc.

If you look, almost every seller on Amazon and eBay will say their replacement screen is OEM as well.

Proof?!?

Is the LCD screen manufactured by the same company that I would find on brand new in box phone that I purchased from an authorized Apple store?

Is this LCD part brand new or refurbished from reclaimed old parts?“

Is the Touch Panel manufactured by the same company that I would find on brand new in box phone that I purchased from an authorized Apple store?

Is the Touch Panel new or refurbished, or reclaimed from old parts?

Of course you'll never get "proof" that the Apple replacement part you buy is Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) because that would sort of violate the factory's contract with Apple. The best you can hope for is a good track record and a company that will stand behind what they sell.

Score -1

Why would proof of a quality product violate a contract? If anything it would be encouraged.

gurw will be eternally grateful.