An expansive variety of repair guides for electronic gear, ranging from home and car audio to calculators.

How to regenerate NC- and NMH-accumulators?

We have some small NC- and NMH-rechargeable accumulators, that don't work after some cycles.

Also we have a lot of accu-packs for different handyman tools based on rechargeable accus (for 14,6 and 18 and 14 Volt) - all accus packs are out of order - any charging is impossible.

1. Does anybody know how to regenerate 1,5 Volt NC- and NMH-accus?

Charging with AC-part of voltage or impulses?

2. The same question for the accu packs.

Thanks a lot in advance for any practicable hints, wiring, repair manual!

Most Helpful Answer

Heinz54, I am currently in the process of rebuilding a few sets for a rechargeable drill myself (watch for the guide coming soon ;-) Yes, there is a way, especially for the NiCad Battery packs. Since I am not sure which particular equipment you have, I can only give you a generic answer. A battery is simply a group of individual cells; as with any battery, one or more cells will be weaker than the rest. Ni-Cads of any given size differ. Most cordless packs consist of any number of 1.2 volt cells in a size known as "Sub C", The battery packs are based on nicad battery technology and the packs are built up from series connected sub-c cells. In a complete battery you'll find these cells soldered (or spotwelded) together. If you remove the faulty cells, you can simply replace it with another one of equal size. I just repaired a single cell in a battery pack for around $3 versus replacing the whole battery for $28. Again, your battery pack may look a bit different, it may also use different cells, but most of them can be replaced relatively easy. Check on here for some info on "recovering" the batteries and on here for an idea how to rebuild a Makita pack . Hope this helps, good luck.

Heinz54 will be eternally grateful.