iPhone 4S

Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

My iPhone keeps rebooting itself

I think this should be a hardware problem but I don't know which part of the phone got wrong, my phone can hardly be restored ( succeed once only) and it keeps on restarting itself. my phone was not jailbroken. Rarely my phone can enter the normal iphone welcome screen but it restart itself after sometime. I said it might be a hardware problem is because I tried to take the battery out and then connected the phone to the computer, but it still reboots itself

Please can anybody help me with this. Thank you

by Lawrence

I've uploaded a video of whats happening to my phone, the same thing happens even if I managed to restore it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klh3HMWAM...

by Lawrence

Most Helpful Answer

Sounds as though the battery is dead. Does it do this when you have it plugged into the charger?

yes, I just added some extra info in the post

by Lawrence

Try a new battery.

by Scott Dingle

do you know its there any other possible hardware fault either then battery? thank you

by Lawrence

Lawrence, start with what Scott Dingle suggested. Remember that your computers USB port only supplies a max of 500mA which may not be enough.

by oldturkey03

just received a new battery replacement and installed, but it still reboots itself (only shows the apple logo), I notice one thing is that the phone can boot into the normal welcome screen once the low battery screen appears and needed to plug into the computer, but otherwise it can rarely boot into the welcome screen.

by Lawrence

Nope It's not the battery. I have this problem too, and the first time it was the battery. I took out the battery and replaced with a working battery from an iPhone 4s. My iphone was fixed with the battery problem. Then as soon as I installed the battery, the phone turned on and after the apple logo the screen shows a dark screen then like after 30-secs it restarts it self then does the same thing over and over again. I tried hard resetting it but it was no use.

I need a solution as soon as possible!!!

Just had the issue with my 4S,

Sounds odd, but goto Settings-> Cellular Data and turn it off and then wait 30 seconds and turn it back on.

Then go to Settings -> General -> Reset and then Reset all Settings.

This should stop the Booting issue.

One other issue may be an APP that is not quite right. Try deleting some of your previously downloaded APP>

Hope this helps you, it solved my issue.

BOB

Battery terminal lost contact or you ripped a small component behind the terminal.

First case: resolder those joints (careful special equipment needed)

Lawrence will be eternally grateful.