Why is Cinema 30" full resolution not supported any more?
- Connect external Apple Cinema 30" to MacBook
- Go to Displays, and try to set resolution on the Cinema to its maximum
- Can't do it. Instead of offering me all resolutions up to 2560x1600, it only goes up to 1280x800
None of these work:
- I make the external monitor the main display (menu and dock-bearing) or not
- I ask the Mac to "detect displays"
- I try with a different miniDV to DVI adapter
- I go into dual-display or single-display mode
- I try many possible relative positions for both displays
The MBP is a 15", 2.66 Gz Core 2 Duo, 4GB, with OS X 10.6.3
Is this a good question?