Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Charges up but won't sync to iTunes?

Ok, I'm supposed to be fixing a girls phone next week. She told me that her phone charges up but won't sync to iTunes, I'm hoping this is just a software issue because I've quoted her £60 to fix her screen, new battery and iTunes sync problem. In some circumstances will a new dock connector be necessary? Sorry about the vagueness but haven't seen the phone myself yet. Thanks for any help given ...

Matthew, "In some circumstances will a new dock connector be necessary?", yes in some cases it will require a new dock connector. I have found that the likelihood of a failed dock connector is higher than that of bad firmware. It may also be a bad cable etc. Always wait with quotes, buying parts etc. until you have the device evaluated. Hope this helps, good luck.

Matthew will be eternally grateful.