Kindle Paperwhite

A portable e-book that is developed by Amazon. Enables users to shop online and download books, games, and other digital media. Repair is straightforward and requires only prying tools and screwdrivers.

Small FPC on the base case?

What is the functional of small FPC on the base case?

And what is the name?

I think it should be connected and fixed.

butI can not found any connected with other part?

by garth shao

Thanks you for your answers. I can not send the pinture, and the small FPC on the base case and it seams on component been bounded on it. Could you answer more detailly. Thanks a lot!

by garth shao

I know very little about this from a personal standpoint, other than SEEING the same gizmo inside the back covers of all the 3 Paperwhites that I've so far had the opportunity (I may say the PLEASURE) of peering into. That said.....

On youtube there's a trardown-with-commentary clip at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phO4QkHW...

which mentions the same thing. The blogger there (EEVblog) has a distinct british accent, but I THINK that what HE says is, that it's some type of "RF ID tracking device." (RF ID I take to mean Radio Frequency Identification)

See the clip yourself and especially check from 5 mins 20 seconds to 5 mins 42 secs approx. It's very informative for the most part, though most of the extra space that he mentions at 7:28-7:50, with a suggestion that it be utilized by installing a bigger battery, is actually occupied by a transmitting module - probably the 3G receiver- in the units that I've seen.

I hope this helps.

garth shao will be eternally grateful.