Repair guides and support for smaller headsets that rest on the ear, also known as supra-aural headphones.

What's the best way to fix a broken headphone band?

I have a set of Samsung SBH500 Bluetooth headphones that unfortunately have a snapped headphone band. The band is essentially broken into two pieces, preventing me from using my headphones.

What's the sturdiest method of repairing my headphones? I already tried super glue, which worked for 30 seconds before the headphone band broke again. Check out the picture:

Any help or suggestions you may have will be appreciated!

I used a hair band and a tape to fix that and make it really work. Using another solution or glue will be a temporary solution.

Check this video to fix the broken headphone band in less than $1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmQUfqWX...

looks like a difficult repair. I doubt any sort of glue will work without mechanically reinforcing the break.

could you drill a small hole into either side of the broken part, insert a a short stiff wire of some sort to reinforce, then seal it all in with a couple layers of heat shrink tubing over the original band?

well, look what I said ...

Most Helpful Answer

Actually, the best way to repair this is with tape, forget the glue. if you are into designer stuf get designer tape. I use duct tape and a piece of a wire coat hanger that has been cut and curved as needed to repair them, and tape the wire onto the outside of the headphones. LOL I've broken so many pair, I do that first now before I even put them on. I have told all my friends and they have all did this also. It works great!

I know this is old, I just wanted to say thanks. You're the only one who I've seen suggest this. Fixed my Razer Tiamat like new.

EXCELLENT IDEA!!! Worked to perfection!

Excellent! I just repaired mine with this. I curved and wire as needed but also made it look like an S to prevent it from rolling, then duct tape! Works great!!

Use ABS cement and acetone to fuse the plastic together, as per this guide. This is the kind of thing autobody guys do all the time. Also, bondo.

i know this is an old question but it pops up on google first, so for future breakage, the way i do it is with super glue and tissue paper...just wrap a couple layers of tissue around the break and saturate the paper with super glue. works like the baking soda super glue method, but a lot easier. the paper and glue dries hard as !&&* and it is easy to reinforce or add layers to certain parts. its like instant cement, looks like crap though but hey if it looks stupid but it works it aint stupid

looks the only chance you have is to use 2 component glue, and maybe something to reinforce the joint.

But if the original is desintegrating, you're out of luck - may have to fashion somthing out of an aluminium bar or such

I bent metal banding using a vise, carefully wrapped it around the headband, clamped it in the vise, drilled one hole straight through, bolted it which holds it all in place, then drilled and bolted the other three holes. The other side of the headphone looked like it was breaking too so I repaired it as well.

Yes same headphones as in the video. My repair wrapped the metal banding around, theirs doesn't. Mine is stronger, theirs looks a little better.

tape and super glue will work

Super glue works for me.

I have a really bendy Head phone.

I tried to use tape and Elmore's glue but it didn't work until I used Elmore's glue and tape any tape work but I suggest duck tape

Miroslav Djuric will be eternally grateful.