Unveiled at the 2000 North American International Auto Show on January 10, 2000, the redesigned 2001 Dodge Caravan and 2001 Chrysler Town & Country were released for sale in August 2000.

speed odm aan other gauges are not working

The lights and meter gauges on my dash board does not come on when car starts

. what could be the problem? I have a Dodge Grand Caravan 2001

On my 2001 Chrysler T&C my turn signal when activated aside from not working at all, it shuts off all my gages but nothing else, do you know why? Can you point me to someone who can tell me why?

Brother Perry, try this first:"

DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - SELF-DIAGNOSTICS

The instrument clusters are equipped with a self diagnostic test feature to help identify electronic problems. Prior to any test, perform the Self-Diagnostic Test. The self diagnostic system displays instrument cluster stored fault codes in the odometer display, sweeps the gauges to the calibration points, and bulb checks the warning indicators. When the key is in the ON position with the engine not running, the MIL will remain illuminated for regulatory purposes.

To activate the Self-Diagnostic program:

With the ignition switch in the OFF position, depress the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button.

Continue to hold the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button until "Sof" and a number (software version number appears briefly in the odometer window, then release the button. If a fault code is present, the cluster will display it in the odometer display. When all fault codes have been displayed, the cluster will display “end” or "E" for end in the odometer display.

You can also try a reset by disconnected the negative battery cable and leave it over for about 1/2 hour. This should reset most of the codes on your Dodge (just remember that it will also reset the codes on your radio:-)"

Wow!! Thank you so much! I did the soft reset and it worked perfectly!

Diana

Your answer was spot on!!! Thank you so very much!! Never would have thought that holding the trip button in for several seconds would have the vehicle go through a self diagnosis. I sat there in awe and watched it cycle through and wallah the instrument panel speedometer and odometer started working again!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

I know this is an older post but I had just problems with my instrument cluster in my 2002 Dodge grand caravan eL 3.3L . No blinkers, no Od , no speedo, all dead, there was only illumination with head lights on cluster was dimmable ,

Answer / Solve ; Smaller wire, red, with fusible link 3" from battery positive that goes from battery positive to the power distribution center.

Same symptoms as above after killing my battery overnight. This is the simplest solution I've seen suggested and it worked (indirectly) on my '01 caravan. After trying the " do this....it's this $50 part or that $600 part , it was the act of isolating the fusible link that fixed the cluster circuit it in my case. Clean the battery terminals and circuit connectors when checking power circuits!

Thank you Sir!

I had the same problem as this, the hazard light fuse wasn't blown and I had a good connection at the battery terminal. Followed the brown\red wire from the battery to the underside of the fuse box, which connects to the hazard light and sure enough the cable had corroded completely away from the connector. Replaced the cable and soldered it into what was left of the connector, and I was back in business.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction that ultimately solved my issue!

All instruments inop, tach water temp speedometer odometer turn signals rear brake lights seat belt and key in ignition warning inop. Found the fuse marked hazard lights blown. That fixed it

My battery died and when I tried to jump it, the instrument panel and turn signals stopped working. I had replaced the batteries, so I checked the battery cables and everything I could think of.

The solution was the FUSE for the HAZARD LIGHTS. How in the world that made the speedometer, odometer, etc. stop working is a complete mystery, but there you go.

Was in the middle of a 5 hrs road trip, tach, odm, gas gauge, brake lights, turn signals, and hazards all stopped working, in the middle of the night. After reading this forum...we found a blown HAZARD LIGHTS fuse. Put a new one in and all is right again. Thanks for posting your fixes!

Brother Perry will be eternally grateful.