Repair information for printers made by Canon.

printer suddenly has no power

My Canon Pixma PM610 after having printed one page suddenly had no power to print second page. no reaction at all. Check of cable, socket etc. was ok. Canon told me "thats the board, cost 150.-Euro. Doesn`t pay. Buy a new Printer". Is this true? Have I to throw away my printer. I will miss the top scanner (9600x4800 dpi). Any idea how I can bring back my printer to use?

Thanks all

Peter in Berlin

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Peter Berlin, not sure where you are in the disassembly of your printer. If there is no evidence of power on the printer then the most likely cause is that the power board inside of the printer has failed. Check on the power board for any domed or leaky capacitors. There should also be two fuses on the board, marked FU401 and FU402, check those for continuity. Sad to say, but most printers are actually treated as a throw away commodity and not to many people are willing to repair them. Hope this helps, good luck.

Peter Berlin will be eternally grateful.