USB-port replacement due to bend pins.

Hello there!

I got a question regarding the USB-port connector. Do you guys know what sort Apple is using for their products?

Can you replace it with a regular USB Type A connector 4P?

As this port is built into the logic board, you might want to try to straighten then or have a tech do it.

I have tried that but its too far in, I can't seem to get a hold on the bend pin. Its pressed against the back of the connector. And if I get a hold on it, don't you think it will snap since its been bent once already?

Picture of it:

@Frederik, looking at the image, I would think right now you do not have much to lose. I would use a few straight pins and tweezers and give it a try.

Looking at your picture, I would use a dental pick (the shepherds crook type), see these:

I found a old tweezer but it was too big so I had to modify it, after that I tried grabing it and after awhile I got it! I straighted it out and pulled it to place. It seems to work!

The tweezer didn't leave beautiful marks but who cares, it works! I haven't had 2 usb-ports working for over a year!

Thanks for the help :)

Great job:-) Now all you have left is to accept mayer's answer as the one that helped you the most :-) that way anybody having the same issues will know what might work. Best of luck to you

Tried fixing mine with a paper-clip. I thought it got it into place, but after testing it twice, gingerly with a USB cord it broke :(

Fredrik will be eternally grateful.