Battery instead of optical drive?

Can I remove my DVD drive and add battery instead of it to my MBP? Thanks

MBP 17" Core 2 DUE late 2007

Thanks for your reply, now since you said i can add a HD instead of my optical drive ( which i use 1 every 6 month ) where can i find the steps to do that? Thanks again

Hi! That's a great idea, but unfortunately there's no way to do that. You can add a second hard drive instead of the optical drive, because a hard drive uses the same connector as the existing optical drive, but adding a second battery would require wiring and electronics that just don't exist in the computer, and as far as I know, no one has taken this on as a project.

Here's the guide for replacing the optical drive: MacBook Pro 15" Core 2 Duo Model A1211 Optical Drive Replacement

Here's the optical bay adapter for use in another drive: 9.5 mm PATA Optical Bay SATA Hard Drive Enclosure

Here's a SSD drive that might be of interest: http://www.ifixit.com/Mac-Parts/MacBook-...

Great research. +1 Ralph

Thanks but i'm looking for 17" not 15" !! not sure if they are the same but thanks any way.

Thanks all, I think i will get my DVD drive out and replace it with a HD.

afendi27 will be eternally grateful.